|Who should take this workshop?
This workshop is extremely beneficial for any heath care professionals dealing with injuries to soft tissue. Health care providers such as physiotherapists, massage therapists, athletic therapists, chiropractors and osteopaths can benefit from this workshop.
This practical hands-on workshop is delivered in a unique, learner-centered way. A brief review of the anatomy and physiology of soft tissue, and the changes in tissue resulting from injury, is followed by an explanation of how the application of soft tissue release techniques can achieve positive results quickly and permanently. The two basic movements of STR are taught and then participants move into practical sessions, applying STR techniques to different body areas.
The workshop is organized to help the participants learn the concepts and deliver the techniques in a way that is specific to their size, posture and clientele.
After completing the workshop participants will have the confidence and skills to properly apply the techniques to their clients immediately.
This course covers the entire body. Concepts build on participants’ knowledge of musculoskeletal anatomy, and are presented in a way which is quickly grasped by all. Some of the conditions included in the course are:
- Lower leg injuries - Plantar Fasciitis, Achilles Tendonitis, Shin Splints, Ankle Sprains, Foot and Arch pain, Sesamoiditis, Hammer and Claw toes.
- Knee problems – Patellar Femoral Syndrome, ITB Friction Syndrome, Jumper’s Knee, Adductor and Hamstring Strains.
- Low Back - chronic and acute pain treatment – Learn to successfully eliminate low back pain both acute and chronic following a very simple yet effective protocol.
- Shoulder and upper body problems – Releases for Deltoids, Supraspinatus, Levator Scapulae, Latissimus Dorsi, Rhomboids, Trapezius, Pectoralis Major and Minor, Biceps, Triceps, Frozen Shoulder, Intercostals and Respiratory Muscles.
- Neck pain – Whiplash - chronic and acute neck pain.
- Elbow pain – Tennis and Golfer’s elbow.
- Forearm and Hand - Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and De Quervain’s Syndrome.
Please Note: Each section will incorporate specific home programs enabling clients to help maintain the success achieved from the treatments. These techniques can be easily integrated into your practice immediately following the course. Specific attention is given to self-help, minimizing fatigue while maximizing results. The class will also participant in case studies to demonstrate their skills obtained in the workshop. Class size will be small to ensure a good instructor/participant ratio.
Workshop Duration: 2 full days – approximately 16 hours of total contact time.
Workshop Materials: Include a detailed, illustrated manual, all PowerPoint notes, course certificate upon successful completion and receipt.
Soft tissue release training by Jim Bilotta is accredited with the following associations:
- Canadian Athletic Therapists Association (CATA) – 5.6 CEUs
- College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO) – 8 CEUs (Category A)
- College of Massage Therapists British Columbia (CMTBC) – 14 Credits
- Massage Therapists Association of Manitoba (MTAM) – 16 Credit
- Massage Therapist Association Of Saskatchewan (MTAS) - 16 Credits
- New Brunswick Massotherapy Association (NBMA) – 14 credits.
- Massage Therapy Association of Nova Scotia (MTANS) – 7 credits
- Massage Therapist Association of Alberta – (MTAA) 14 credits
- The College of Massage Therapists of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Association of New Brunswick Massage Therapists (ANBMT) 7 CEU’s